Flights to West Des Moines, IA: Unveil Iowa's Suburban Jewel
Flying to West Des Moines, Iowa is like finding a needle in a haystack, except the needle is a flight and the haystack is a range of nearby airports. Lucky for you, there are several airports that serve the city, so you won't have to rely on a flying cow to get there.
The closest airport is the Des Moines International Airport, conveniently located just 10 miles away from West Des Moines. It's a hub for several major airlines, including Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and Allegiant Air. With over 2 million passengers passing through the airport annually, it's a wonder they don't have a baggage claim carousel race!
- If you're feeling a little adventurous, you can also try flying into the Ames Municipal Airport, which is located about 40 miles north of the city. It's a great option for private and corporate jet charters, and who knows, you might even run into the flying spaghetti monster.
- For those looking to fly even further, the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids and the Omaha Eppley Airfield in Nebraska are both within 150 miles of West Des Moines. You'll have plenty of options for non-stop flights to major cities, so you won't have to worry about taking a detour through the Bermuda Triangle.
- When it comes to transportation accessibility in West Des Moines, you won't be stranded like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Taxis and ridesharing services are readily available at the airport, so you can get to your destination in a jiffy. If you want to feel like a VIP, there are also several rental car companies located at the airport, giving you the freedom to explore the city at your own pace.
- If you're feeling frugal, the Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) offers several bus routes that serve West Des Moines and the surrounding areas. Just make sure to avoid the ones with the bumpy seats, unless you want to feel like you're riding a rodeo bull.
The journey begins
Overall, flying to West Des Moines is a great way to travel, whether you're in it for business or pleasure. With plenty of options for air travel and convenient transportation options, you'll be able to enjoy the city without breaking a sweat. And who knows, you might even catch a glimpse of a flying unicorn on your way there!
Hotels in West Des Moines
- ★★★ TownePlace Suites by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek Hotel 125 South 68th Street
- ★★★ Element West Des Moines Hotel 575 South Prairie View Drive
- ★★ Holiday Inn Express & Suites - West Des Moines - Jordan Creek, an IHG Hotel Hotel 240 Jordan Creek Parkway
- ★★★ Hyatt Place West Des Moines/Jordan Creek Hotel 295 South 64th Street
- View all hotels in West Des Moines